The purpose of an Advanced Diploma qualification is to qualify individuals who apply specialized knowledge in a range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning.
Advanced Diploma qualifications are located at level 6 of the Australian Qualifications Framework. Advanced Diploma qualifications must be designed and accredited to enable graduates to demonstrate the learning outcomes expressed as knowledge, skills and the application of knowledge and skills specified in the level 6 criteria shown below, and to align with the Advanced Diploma descriptor.
Advanced Diploma qualifications are available for accreditation and issuance in both higher education and vocational education and training.
GEM College of International Business is registered to deliver nationally recognised training under the auspices of Australian Skills Quality Authority. National Code 0366.
|AQF level 6 criteria|
|Summary||Graduates at this level will have broad knowledge and skills for paraprofessional/highly skilled work and/or further learning|
|Knowledge||Graduates at this level will have broad theoretical and technical knowledge of a specific area or a broad field of work and learning|
|Skills||Graduates at this level will have a broad range of cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to:|
• analyse information to complete a range of activities
• interpret and transmit solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems
• transmit information and skills to others
|Application of knowledge and skills||Graduates at this level will apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, judgement and knowledge defined responsibility and skills:|
• in contexts that are subject to change
• within broad parameters to provide specialist advice and functions
|Advanced Diploma qualification type descriptor|
|Purpose||The Advanced Diploma qualifies individuals who apply specialized knowledge in a range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning|
|Knowledge||Graduates of an Advanced Diploma will have specialized and integrated technical and theoretical knowledge with depth within one or more fields of work or learning|
|Skills||Graduates of an Advanced Diploma will have:|
• cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse, synthesize and act on information from a range of sources
• cognitive and communication skills to transfer knowledge ans skills to others and to demonstrate understanding of specialized knowledge with depth in some areas
• cognitive and communication skills to formulate responses to complex problems
• wide-ranging specialized technical, creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives
|Application of knowledge and skills||Graduates of an Advanced Diploma will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:|
• with depth in ares of specialization, in concepts subject to change
• with initiative and judgment in planning, design, technical or management functions with some direction
• to adapt a range of functional; principles and complex techniques to known and unknown situations
• across a broad range of technical or management functions with accountability for personal outputs and personal and team outcomes within broad parameters
|Volume of learning||The volume of learning of an Advanced Diploma is typically 1.5 – 2 years|
ABOUT OUR QUALIFICATIONS
The Australian Skills Quality Authority has registered GEM College of International Business to deliver training and assessment and educational management services, and to issue qualifications up to Graduate Diploma level.
All GEM courses are internationally recognised, and based on competency standards that have been developed and approved by representatives from government, academic institutions, industry groups and union bodies. GEM College of International Business’s International Liaison Officers, with expertise regarding compliance in other jurisdictions, are currently mapping our educational resources against the individual national competency standards in other countries.
GEM Learners who complete an individual Unit of Competency are issued with an internationally recognized Statement of Attainment and Statement of Competency. GEM graduates who complete the requirements for a full qualification are issued with an Academic Parchments and a Statement of Competencies gained.
While our key focus is on equipping team leaders, supervisors, managers, entrepreneurs and professionals through the provision of qualifications ranging from Certificate IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma programs, we also have several entry level courses at Certificate II and III which are aimed at Learners who have recently entered the workforce.
Whether you’re interested in Administration, Education, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Recordkeeping, Sales or Work, Health and Safety – there’s an Advanced Diploma suited to you and your career path.